Romans Week 13: Day 2
Read: Romans 8:5-8
These verses contrast people in two realms: those who live according to the flesh and those who live according to the Spirit. Consider the difference in
• Their mindset? (absorbing objects of thought, interest, affection and purpose)
• The consequences of living according to the flesh or Spirit?
• Their relationship with God?
How can we persevere in setting our mind on what the Spirit desires? What fruit might we expect to see as a result of living by the Spirit? (Read Galatians 5:13-26)
The person governed by the flesh cannot submit to God’s law, and therefore cannot please God. Compare this picture of hostility with Romans 5:1-2a. Reflect on the great joy that it is to have peace with God, because we are justified through faith.
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.
• Praise God that by his Spirit, we have life and peace.
• Pray for those you know who are living in hostility to God, ask that they would know the joy of living at peace with their creator
• Pray that the object of your thoughts and desires would be in accordance with the Spirit, that you would treasure and pursue what God desires