At Providence we want to be as accountable and transparent as possible.
- Our main pastoral care happens through our Growth Groups. It is through them and their leadership that 90% of our love and care for one another happens.
- As a pastoral team, we want to be as available as possible to as many people as possible. Please don't hesitate to talk to any of us - that's what we are here for. Primarily, as staff we give our time to equipping the saints for ministry (Ephesians 4:12). That is, our conviction that the pastoral staff are here, not so much to do the ministry but to equip the church to do the ministry.
- Our Senior Pastor Rory Shiner is accountable to the Providence Elders. The other staff are accountable to Rory (and ultimately to the elders). If you are unhappy or concerned with something to do with a member of staff, please talk to Rory. If you are unhappy or concerned about something to do with Rory, you can talk to the elders.
- All people who minister in an official (including volunteering) capacity at Providence Church have been deemed trustworthy and of good character by their leaders and pastoral staff. Furthermore, those who minister to children must have a Working With Children Check as required by WA legislation.
- Any physical, emotional or sexual abuse will not be tolerated and should be reported immediately to the Safe Ministry Contacts below. In the event of a criminal matter, this must also be reported to the WA police.
Nick Stark - Providence City Elder
0411 478 537
Rory Shiner - Senior Pastor
0425 210 388
Amy Stopher - Safe Ministry Contact
0417 926 306
Robbie Lindsay - Safe Ministry Contact
0432 333 603