Romans Week 13: Day 1
Read: Romans 8:1-4
Having wrestled with the frustrations of life lived under the law in chapter 7, Paul now begins chapter 8 with an amazing declaration that there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
• How is it that those in Christ are no longer condemned? How did God achieve this?
• What is the outcome of being set free from the law of sin and death?
• What role does the Spirit play in these verses?
Read Romans 13:8-10 for an understanding of what Paul might mean when he says that ‘the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us’.
What could living a life according to the Spirit look like? For what purpose have you been set free?
Life by the Spirit is possible because God has condemned sin, through Jesus. What encouragement does this give you for areas in your life where you are struggling with sin?
• Thank God that in his mercy he has dealt with sin through the death his Son, and released us from the law of sin and death
• Ask for the conviction to believe and live in the reality where there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus